Monday, September 13, 2010

Draught Excluders How Pattern




In Pittsburgh always 1998. The whole city reminds me that I spent a decade tangentially. I always wanted to live in the nineties, but I got a glancing blow. It was a good time for me too: I lived my childhood and found things little by little, as children often do. But then I wanted was to be big like my brother, using platform shoes, wear makeup, go dancing, have romances teenagers, are disguised by Robert Smith at a Halloween party and have a friend with a stupid nickname. All the things they did. Pittsburgh

But, miraculously, retains the look of those halcyon years for me. Nobody seems to have been aware that the year 2000 arrived and everything was the shit. No: people use tattoos and checked shirts, listening to The Smiths and My Bloody Valentine, making Budweiser while riding his bike, go to thrift stores to buy leather belts, lives like a world without internet and without social networks, without war in Iraq without global warming. Not that evil does not exist. Is not feels.

Everyone asked me what was going to Pittsburgh. It is a beautiful city, but hardly tourism. The answer is simple: to see my brother. To this was. He was two years without seeing him and my sister, whom I love as if we shared the blood. So the second city on my tour was the steel gringales. Industrial, gray, cut by the three rivers and numerous bridges over the water, surrounded by vegetation, weather extremes. Anchored in the nineties.

On my last night in Chicago went to a bar with Paul, her boyfriend and some friends of his work, including the manager (the same as two days before had given us a pizza almost any reason.) We talked and drank, and then we went to sleep. I was a little anxious. In the morning I got up early, took a bus and then the subway to O'Hare. My flight was at American Eagle and I guess that not many run between Chicago, Pittsburgh, because I traveled in the tiniest plane I've ever been. It was rather a small plane with two seats in a row and only one in the other. I thought the launch would be terrible, but even I learned. I fell asleep on the spot.
detail
rest is filler. I walked up to the band's luggage while searching for the flight number on the little screen, I heard my name. Or rather, with which they call me, "Lila." We began to mourn as a pansies as we hugged.


loved this notice in the corridor to address: CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS
MANIAC?


No sunscreen.

I know where the damn copy to hug and say, are the hope of this nation, boy. You are.

cultural Dato: Andy Warhol was born in Pittsburgh. So the airport is used.


How to welcome our visitors with a better way than a wax figure Steelers player? We are geniuses!
Take that, Tucson.


My stay in the Steel City was thoroughly enjoyable, but for a shot that gave me the little finger of my left foot and black nail, another blow to the head in the bathroom, a fall and hot as hell. I'm clumsy and I have no thermostat.

One evening we were walking and my brother told him my intention to get a tattoo, thinking I'd try to convince me otherwise. But actually enthusiastic about the idea and immediately went to the local tattooists Carson Street, Pittsburgh's finest street for Me (I'll explain later why). I did not think more and I did. The excitement of my brother has tripled and he also ended up tattooing.

Another afternoon was looking for a Barnes & Noble to buy a Lonely Planet NY, but I found none. I walked through the center every direction that had pointed to Google Maps and nothing. I asked a guy who looked like five years younger than me if he knew of any, but I could say. Continue with the search and returned to the road (he worked accommodating cars an exclusive club, so exclusive, I said, do not even let in). Then he wanted to catch me with a labia that clearly did not have: I like your accent, where are you?, I've lived alone all my life, do you have plans later?, which one trousers?

But I did not fall. Then it started to rain in torrents. It was Saturday and played the Steelers. At first, when I saw 98% of people wearing jerseys of the team, I thought that in the city itself who loved his team, but then I realized. I sat in a bus stops to wait for the route that took me back, but the streets were emptying. A girl sat beside me, had a uniform and started eating Subway sandwiches. The rain kept falling. He said he had not eaten all day and I thought how sad it was having to eat the same sandwiches you prepare all damn day. He decided to "go for it" and run under water. I waited much longer, in the water and at night, until you came my way. No mor
í.


We also went to Wal-Mart, like any family would gringa, and it's true what they say in People of Wal-Mart : the store is a magnet for freaks. More than that: no other common experience is so revealing about a nation.


The paradise of Pop-Tarts!

accommodates many tastes in order to fantasize a little. Sometimes my life can be very lonely.

an aisle devoted to junk snacks: only in America.


In Carson were all the bars, but they were not sophisticated at all. In all there were people tatuadísima listening to classic rock. Shops absurd: costume, vintage clothing, collectible items. Starbucks single, solitary (alright!). As I fell unexpectedly chamba, I spent almost every day stuck in the Beehive. Was a cafe, but at night is transformed into a bar, and all the property was comprised of furniture taken from a thrift store. It seemed a video of Smashing Pumpkins or the place where the youth of Reality Bites spend time. The decor was fantastic. I became both part of the last day the owner approached me and gave me the classic question: where-are-you-from-darling. Not want to go there.

In fact, I did not go because I did a normal life in Pittsburgh. Going to the supermarket, watching movies at night, eating breakfast out on Sunday. My brother, my sister and I returned again and dirt (where I am filth and they nail). We would talk until dawn, and even when we had gone to bed. The day I left I held the desire to mourn and never looked back. But you are back very soon and that comforts me.

Photos:

color Touch downtown.

I like this photo pretentious.

Smithfield Bridge. The iconic glass building in the background.

One night I went to a dancehall with Rosemary, a lovely lady who is a close friend of my brother. Her daughter and granddaughter later joined us for the adventure. The place, with a round track and a country band, is r eal American. Dance is as ridiculous as we could, or so I did, to be co-assembled with wildlife and drank and then fired at yiiihah screaming sky.

Rosemary ate the other day, we cooked Polish food (his father is Polish and his mother Mexican.) What you see in the picture is a cabbage meat landings. So they are spending those Poles.
reminds me of "I'm Polish!"

The best store in the world in Carson: "Pop Culture Emporium

What sold there? NBA Barbie and Ken with magical ring.

Many action figures and plastic heads are scary.

Posters and stupid and old board games and collectible cards and miniature trolls y. ..

My photos are as artists, we ...

Here is where I get tattooed. It's called "In the Blood." No, not put pic of my tattoo. If you want to see ask him in person. As these.

Despite all his buenaondez, Carson Street suddenly becomes castor. But seriously: "baggy clothes"? I tell them. In Pittsburgh it is always 1998.

Here the Beehive

I like your sincerity.

So looks the bathroom. I know you think of the North High School bathrooms or any Cebetis. But in reality is pure cool. And it smells like cinnamon.

Here
not mince words.

I want to go!

The number one reason why the party Beehive mothers.

In a normal Starbuckcito a table with sugar and implements. Here is a yellow head that gives you the straws. Top that, imperialism. Get over it!

Downtown from the viewpoint

I do not want to Canada. Or maybe a little bit and with a top chelas.


***

ads in this section, I tell you that I've seen in the forced need to upgrade. Technology is advancing at a rapid pace and all that. Since I have a tumblr. He did not really understand much: I think things up all the time, very fast, photo-video-appointment, oh how intellectual I am, and what follows. There it is:


I think I will be updating more often than the island So it is original. It's like the new boyfriend who has an earring in his eyebrow and long hair. More handsome and better conversation.

***

not read this post of Cake is like having no soul. Or be in waiting for a. O possess but ignore it. I would give anything to write well. What strength in his words, without trying. That is true literature.

***

1998 Thanks to Pittsburgh and write a story whose title I will name my storybook. Just that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment